Our Kindergarten classes provide a safe and nurturing environment which encourages students to reach their God-given potential. Each lesson is designed to excite the child’s imagination, while developing intellectual skills and their ability to understand and grow in God’s grace.
Areas of study include:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
Story time, group sharing, field trips, cooking lab, outside play, fifth grade buddies and many other fun activities combine to make Kindergarten a memorable experience.
SACS adheres to the Texas Education Agency guidelines in regards to the entrance age for Kindergarten. A student must be at least five (5) years of age on September 1st of the school year for Kindergarten. (TEA §29.151 and §29.153)
Areas of Study
The Bible program consists of Bible stories, singing songs of praise, reciting memory verses, and praying. While in Kindergarten, students discover that the Bible is God’s holy and inspired Word; explore how God made all things for His glory; recognize important Bible characters; develop an understanding of the concept of sin and that Jesus died for our sins; and conclude that Jesus has work for us to do and that He will help us.
Kindergarten students begin to establish identities as readers while building foundational skills for reading. Children develop concepts of print, phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary development, and comprehension. As the year progresses, children use reading strategies to read with more accuracy, fluency, and comprehension.
Kindergarten students use manipulatives to explore mathematic concepts through hands-on learning experiences. Our program uses Saxon Math to focus on whole numbers, patterns, shapes, and problem solving.
During Kindergarten, students will explore their world through hands-on, engaging activities. Themed units in science and social studies help develop their understanding of the world. Seasons, Planting, Nutrition, Community, Family, Thanksgiving, and Traditions are just a few of the themes to be explored.
Our Kindergarten classrooms utilize Interactive Boards with their curriculum. Technology is used as an extension of classroom learning and encourages further development of reading, math skills, and other hands-on learning activities.
Our students participate in small groups to focus on the following areas of learning and development:
- Share and learn cooperation
- Participate in less structured activities
- Verbalize ideas and concepts
- Understand emotions and feelings of others
- Communicate with others
- Exercise conflict resolution
- Use their imagination
- Interact in small groups
- Act out real life situations
- Participate in activities that reinforce math, reading, phonic and writing concepts
- Computer Lab
- Physical Education
- Mondays from 8:00 a.m. – 8:25 a.m.
- Our chapel services are fun, energetic and honoring to our Lord. We start the service with praise & worship and prayer. We sometimes invite guest speakers to share a story, testimony or skit. Our hope is to bring a Bible story or age appropriate message to life for our students. Parents and family members are always welcome!
- 100th Day of School
- Arts and Crafts Show
- Cooking Lab
- Devotions with Dad
- Family Picnics on the Grounds
- Father of the Day
- Field Day
- Grandparents’ Day
- International Day
- Message with Mom
- Monthly Spirit Dress Days
- Special Assemblies
- Teddy Bear Picnic
- Thanksgiving Feast