“Partnering with parents to provide a Christ-centered education while fostering a life of faith and service.”
We are a non-denominational Christian school with small class sizes, a wide range of art programs and extracurricular activities, and a passionate following for Lions athletics.
We provide our students with a wide range of athletics opportunities, band and music program, award winning art classes, state and nationally recognized journalism classes, and a highly skilled drama department.
Faith in Education
At San Antonio Christian School, our greatest goal is to impart God’s teachings and values on a new generation of servant leaders. This commitment is twofold. We know we have a responsibility to provide every opportunity for students to gain a deep understanding of the word of God through the Bible and teachings of Jesus Christ. Yet we also have an equal responsibility to help them apply those teachings of compassion, devotion, and humility to their academic studies, to their commitment to their team, to their commitment to their extracurricular activities, and to their commitment to bettering the lives of others in the community.
“For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” –James 2:14
San Antonio Christian School traces its history back to 1966 when Grace Bible College Preparatory School was established as a ministry of Grace Bible Church. The vision was to provide a K-12 grade Christ-centered, college preparatory education for families that had placed their faith in Christ. The school grew in enrollment, but by the early 1970s the financial burden of the school on the church caused the leadership to consider closing the school.
Shortly thereafter, a group of concerned families wanting to see their children continue a Christ-centered education met with the church leadership. In 1972, after much prayer and seeking God’s will, San Antonio Christian School (SACS) was born.
SACS is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), the Texas Association of Baptist Schools (ACTABS) and recognized by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe in the Biblical teaching that man was created by a direct act of God and not from previously existing forms of life; and that all men are descended from the historical Adam and Eve, first parents of the entire human race.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in “that blessed hope” the personal, premillennial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born-again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God, and are eternally secure in Him.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
"SACS means so much to our family. We feel as though we are investing in our children both spiritually and academically by being a part of the SACS family. Not only are our children receiving an outstanding education, but they are developing a relationship with God by learning more about Him daily in the Christ centered curriculum. SACS is not only a school, but a community, a family."
"After observing a classroom in action, I knew I wanted this for my children. Over the years, SACS has been an extension of our home and our desire to have Christ at its core. They know students aren’t perfect, but they meet them where they are and equip them to succeed. SACS provided our children with what they needed for college and life beyond. And now our grandchildren attend! We love this school and being part of God’s ministry here!"